OVERFLOWS SPORTS ACADEMY
Empowering our youth to be leaders in Christ.
A team of people who are passionate about serving God
IN THE COMMUNITY
Supporting those that need our help.
We have volunteer openings where you can utilize your gifts.
Your Generosity Goes a Long Way!
We are a registered 5013c Charity Organization.
Founded on 1 Thessalonians 3:12.
“And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows.”
OUR 3 PILLARS OF SUPPORT
Growing in Christ as well as Leadership and Character growth through training and mentorship.
Opportunities for students to connect with other students from other schools and churches
Missionary experience through hands-on local volunteer service (Local Mission Opportunities)
Living Our Calling
Overflow Sports Academy was formed in April 2015 as a result of a holy ambition journey.
We are founded on 1 Thessalonians 3:12. The scripture states: “And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows.”
OSA reached over 500 children in the Silicon Valley though our camps (basketball and football), our annual Mud Bowl and our at risk outreach in the Santee community of San Jose. In 2017 we created a playbook that we use for each of our camps. This is how we plan to help them grow in the word of God through Spiritual training by memorizing verse pertaining to a specific situation/play.
- Designed the OSA Playbook that help kids navigate todays issues / battle zones (death of a loved one, divorce, anger, depression, drugs, purity and more) to be victories using God and His word as there play they run in those situations. We tie in Memory Verse (Spiritual Training) to those issues or battle zones, we also believe that physical training is just as important so we focus on developing strong biblical core and moral values. Physical Training (moral values, serving family and community, leadership training, cleaning bedroom, making bed etc.)
- Partner with 678 Diane Clemens
- Identified 12 youth leaders through 678 that will help us connect non-believers at local middle school to OSA events.
- Teamed up with Danny Sanchez founder of The City Peace Project / Catholic Charities to provide a meal and mentor 40-60 children in an at risk community of San Jose called Santee every third Wednesday.
- Community dodge ball event with kids living in the Santee community with special guest Dante Johnson from San Francisco 49ers.
- Distributed Thanksgiving turkeys to over 100 families in need.
- Successful outreach to build partnerships with local high school, college and professional athletes (San Francisco 49ers, San Jose State University, West Valley Community College, Valley Christian High School)